cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Pattern for outside line/calling

Joseph Chambers
Level 1
Level 1

I know that this probably will lead to toll fraud, but customer really wants it & understands the risks.

This is an international company that has other sites set up for H323 calling.

How can I set up dial peer that will allow these remote site phone to dial extension/destination pattern on the US side that would then let them dial a PSTN number?

5 Replies 5

Here is a document that can give you some ideas:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9652

Basically, you create a VOIP dial-peer on the originating end that matches the destination pattern of a POTS dial peer on the terminating end (where the PSTN connection is). Then, under the POTS you control how many digits you send out to the PSTN with the "forward-digits" command.

Marcos

Joseph Chambers
Level 1
Level 1

That doc talks about it under Tail End Hop off - even talks about config example, but ALAS, someone forgot to put that example in there.

I tried using this, but it didn't work.

dial-peer voice 40901 pots
destination-pattern 409
port 0/1/0
forward-digits 0
prefix 9

With the above configuration you will hit that dial peer by dialing 409. Since this is an FXO port, that will seize the port and get you dialtone from the CO and immediately send that 9 to the telco. Remove the "prefix 9" command and you should just hear dialtone.

Marcos

Would it also work with PRIs - removing the prefix 9?

Would this work?

dial-peer voice 40901 pots
destination-pattern 409
port 0/0/0:23
forward-digits 0

Give me dial tone so I can enter additional digits?

No, very unlikely. A PRI rarely supports two-stage dialing for outbound calls. The call will just linger there waiting for digits.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: