cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by name not working

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC560 with an inop dial by name feature.  Apparently it has not been working since our vm system died in Dec, but no one bothered mentioning it until yesterday.

You call in, get the AA - press # to access the script:

"Spell the lastname of the person you you want to call, followed by the first name"

you dial in the lastname of any person in the directory and the response is always this:

"You've entered the name of the person you want to contact, but I cannot find it"

I went through the CCA to see that the dial by name list is populated and its all there.

Any ideas on what to look at?

Script - aa_sbcs_v03.aef

CUE version 8.6.5

CCA version 3.2.2

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check that all users are configured with first and last name in CUE.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

Additional to this.

In the CUE website, all the AA show up.

In CCA only the main AA shows up listed, the other tabs are not listed.

I have a feeling this is due to the fact that when we reloaded the VM after the crash only that module was updated, the UC is running 8.6 while the updated VM came from the 8.6.1 package.

I have not upgraded the system to 8.6.1 as after my last upgrade experience I am not looking forward to a day without phones.

We run a crisis call center for our Region through this system, so downtime is a huge issue.

Check that all users are configured with first and last name in CUE.

That was it.  I went and looked in the "Users" section of the CUE.

For some reason it picked up the username for the last name and left the first names blank.

Looks like I have a few hours of renaming all the accounts.

Thanks

Glad it was something simple!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

No problem, you have been more then helpful to me over the last few months of fighting with this system!

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: