Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan Configuration

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am currently implementing a Skype SIP trunk for testing purposes into my UC500. Currently I have 4 POTS lines configured with a default access code of 9 for outbound calls. I would like to keep that configuration the same but add an entry to the outbound dial-plan that will give me the ability to have an access code of 8 to make outbound calls over the SIP trunk. That way all calls by default will use PSTN (i.e. users will still use an access code of 9 like they have always done), but I can make test calls over the SIP trunk by using a different access code.

I do not believe there will be any conflicts as our 3 digit extension are in the format of 1xx. But the AA extension is 800, which could cause an issue? That can be easily changed though correct?

When I try to do this in CCA 2.2, it will not let me apply this configuration becuase it states that my access code of '8' is invalid. This is because, I imagine, the default access code is already set to 9.

Can this be forced through CLI? Is this not doable?

Thanks.

Brian

www.jaydien.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Typically CCA allows different access codes for different dial strings - so you could use 9 for local calls and 8 for international calls for example. Is that something that would work for you?

Not sure of the error as am not sure where you are changing the access code.  You do need the access code to be unique - meaning you cannot have an internal extension such as an AA start with 8xx if you want to use access code as 8 - change your AA extension first and then change the dial plan.

Check page 267 on CCA admin guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_2/administration_guide/cca_22_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Typically CCA allows different access codes for different dial strings - so you could use 9 for local calls and 8 for international calls for example. Is that something that would work for you?

Not sure of the error as am not sure where you are changing the access code.  You do need the access code to be unique - meaning you cannot have an internal extension such as an AA start with 8xx if you want to use access code as 8 - change your AA extension first and then change the dial plan.

Check page 267 on CCA admin guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_2/administration_guide/cca_22_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: