Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial plans for New Zealand

Hi there

I have just upgraded a clients UC320W to 2.1.4 - and the dial plan for NZ mobile numbers now does not support 028 numbers - format 028xxxxxx. I tried all other valid 02x numbers (which are the other mobile networks) but 028 returns a number unavalable tone, and does not dial out.

Can we have a patch for this please?

Thanks.

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

Are you using SIP trunks?  If you make that same call  from a SPA phone by going offhook and dailing 1+02825521090, do you see  the same problem?  The dialplan in the region pack should allow the number I see in your screenshot.

Please ensure that you selected the new dial plan from the drop down list after installing the region pack.  You should see New Zealand and a version number next to it.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Did you install the New Zealand Region pack after upgrading?  You can find region pack info here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18495

Chris

Hi Chris - no I just followed the automated update process. I was not aware of the region pack. Looks like this may fix  the issue looking at the link you sent - though then umber we were trying to dial was 0288xxxxx - not 0282. I tried a variety of 028 numbers and could nto get them to work, so hopefully this dial plan will support anything starting with 028?

Thanks.

Well sadly not fixed:

I downloaded the Region pack for NZ and got the onto the system no problem - thisi s no longer available when I connect to the Cloud so must be loaded correctly.

I changed the number from an 0288 to an 0282 since this was specifically mentioned in the reference to the region pack - still get a number disconnected tone (very strange tone).

I have this configured using the Auto attendant, so if i dial in and press 3 on the prompt - this is forwarded via na outbound trunk to an 028 number - see screen shot below:

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Hi Richard,

Are you using SIP trunks?  If you make that same call  from a SPA phone by going offhook and dailing 1+02825521090, do you see  the same problem?  The dialplan in the region pack should allow the number I see in your screenshot.

Please ensure that you selected the new dial plan from the drop down list after installing the region pack.  You should see New Zealand and a version number next to it.

Chris

Hi Chris

The need to select the new dial plan once the region pack is installed would have been useful to include in the support doc! I'll check it out and let you know. Having installed the Region Pack the selected Region still shows as New Zealand - I had not realised I needed to then go back and change this to New Zealand V4. (Note this is not a Dial Plan selection but a Region selection - the Dial Plan cannot be selected).

Having done this the 0282 number works fine now - many thanks.

Richard

FYI.... I've edited the Region Pack document to hopefully make it more obvious.

Chris