cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Translation Pattern of "Null" for CallerID Blocking attempt (CME)

briangormley
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC540 and I have been trying to get CallerID blocking on a call-by-call basis.

From what I have reviewed online, the "caller-id block code *9" under "telephony-service" should provide my callers the ability to dial "*9" and then the outside line code "0" and then the number. This should block the CallerID for that call.

I have applied the configuration but the call fails when testing it.

I have tried apply SIP debug, but when debugging is activated by phone starts doing strange things when I try and make the test call, like when i pick up the handset it freezes. I suspect this is related to a memory issue, which is another issue. I digress.

We are using a SIP provider for PSTN access. According to them they support "anonymous callerID". Whether or not that means a caller ID of "null" is another question. Bottom line is I cant capture a SIP debug to diagnose where it is failing.

So then I started thinking, is there is a called-translation rule I could create to apply a "null" value to match case of a called "*9" etc.

Question 1: Has anyone had a similar issue regarding the block caller-id on a UC500 with SIP provider and founf a workaround?

Question 2: Can the caller-id issue be worked around by applying a translation rule to match the *9 but apply a null value? ..not sure how one would apply the null value in the translation rule?

Question 3: Is it possible to install more memory into a UC540?....cant really find a suitable SKU in this regard so I am not sure if a memory upgrade is supported?

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can setup an additional dial-peer to place anonymous calls. it will have a special destination-pattern and theen the translations needed to to make the call anonymous.

Agreed, but what would the "null" or "anonymous" translation pattern be? What woudl the CLI config look like for the null translation. I have done many translations rules and profiles, but have never come across this where I need to translation rule to change to "null" or anonymous?

You can remove the calling number altogether. Ask you ITSP if that is enough.

I only want to remove the calling number on a call-by-call basis. Removing it for all calls is not suitable. I want users to be able to dial *9 and then dial the number, which then blocks the calling number. What transaltion pattern would let me do this?

Yes, as indicated above, you need to create an additional dial-peer and apply "clid strip" or other options  in there.

yes, but what is the translation pattern to tranlsate digits to a null value?

rule 1 /*9T/ // ?

clid strip shold be enough. To learn about voince translation rules, type that on cisco.com search box.

I already have my dial-peers configured for my call legs. If I apply the "clid strip" command to my PSTN dial-peer then ALL my calls will not have a CallerID. This is not the requirement. I need only apply to apply the clid when the caller wants to hide the callerID.

Based on my research this should work.

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# caller-id block code *9

Router(config-telephony)# exit

Are you suggesting that I create another dial-peer for the same outgoing PSTN call leg? For example....

dial-peer voice 1234 voip

description MaskCallerID

destination-pattern *9

clid strip

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs4 signaling

no vad

Yes as mentioned twice above already.

briangormley
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding Question 3: RE the UC500 memory upgrade. Apparently this is not supported and not avail

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: