Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID forward to Extension, after hours to different number

I can't quite figure out the best way to make this work.

We have a 1-800 number that needs to forward directly to an internal extension during business hours. At night it then needs to forward to an external number. The whole process needs to be automated for the end user and the caller. So when the 1-800 number is dialed the operator answers during the day and at night, we will have a 3rd party phone answering service answer the line. I would like the switch over to happen on a schedule.

The only other catch, is the DID for the 1-800 is not the only number tied to the extension. There will be a second DID number tied to the same extension that will use the auto attendant. I didn't know how to do this with the Night Service feature or what would be best.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

1. Create a floating extension with Call-Forward All set to your internal extension.

2. Set the Night Service forwarding for that floating extension to your answering service number.

3. Setup a night service schedule to fit your needs.

Hope that answers your question.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

1. Create a floating extension with Call-Forward All set to your internal extension.

2. Set the Night Service forwarding for that floating extension to your answering service number.

3. Setup a night service schedule to fit your needs.

Hope that answers your question.

-Dan

I did that and when I call the DID (tied to the floating extension) it goes to my internal extension. It is almost like the Night service schedule is not working. I set it to 0:00 - 23:59 just to test it. Any suggestions on that?

I added a number in the code, realized that wasn't there. But not it just rings a few times and disconnects.

You should do a debug while making the call:

SIP: debug ccsip mess

PRI: debug isdn q931

It sounds like maybe you have night-service working now, but the hairpinned call to your answering service is failing.

-Dan

I am using SIP, so I ran the debug command above.

I am seeing it attempt to dial the external number configured in Night Service (which is my cell phone at the moment) and I am seeing:

SIP/2.0 486 Busy Here.

I see this as received via my UC560 and in another part I see it sent via the public IP of my SIP provider.

Not exactly sure what this tells me other than the fact it's trying but is getting a busy statement.

Found the issue! My UC560 configuration looked like this:

voice service voip

ip address trusted list

ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

supplementary-service h450.12

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

no supplementary-service sip refer

I removed the "no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily" since that is supposed to handle the forwarding and boom! It works. Thanks for the help Dan!