Views
Helpful
Replies

DID Number Sharing

suraj12345
Level 1
Level 1

Our DID numbers starts from 00 to 99.

User using DID 51 wants 00 and 51 as outbound caller ID  (phones are 7945G )  ,DID 00 is used as our reception ,  Is it possible to configure this.

Waiting for your Valuable inputs.

6 Replies 6

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure I understand this, the user with DID of 51 wants BOTH 00 and 51 for outbound caller id?  The system can only assign one caller id to use per extension making the call.  Not sure what the use case would be for having two different caller ids or what would let the system decide which to use for each call.

User 00 is the operator Extn.

So the user 51 wants to share the caller id because , user doesn't want his DID number to be displayed in all the users except selected.

In COR list can i create a new dialpeer , so that the user can dial 0 and make an outgoing call using 00 did.

So user 51 wants some calls to display his actual DID, so that they can call him back.  But other times he wants only the receptions DID displayed.  There is a per-call caller ID block code that can be configured, this way on certain calls the caller id will not be displayed.  Or you can configure the Main PSTN caller id number to be the receptionist DID, and have that be the user 51 caller-id.  Both of these options are configurable in the CCA Outgoing Dial Plan window.

I could see a possible way for dialing a prefix and having the caller id for this call be different than normal, but it would require extensive CLI configuration.  Would either of the two options above suffice?

I could see a possible way for dialing a prefix and having the caller id for this call be different than normal, but it would require extensive CLI configuration.

Can I get some idea about this?

Well for example, you could create new outbound dial-peers with a different steering digit using different translation profiles to create caller-id.  Just view what CCA already created for you and copy the syntax for the dial-peers, translation profiles and translation rules exactly.  Make sure to change the ID tag numbers and translation profile names to match with the CCA out of band configuration guidelines.  For the translation rules, if your normal caller id would come from

rule 15 /205/ /51/

for user 51, make your new rule

rule 15 /205/ /00/

and for the dial-peer, if you have the statement

destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......

make it

destination-pattern 8[2-9]..[2-9]......

When choosing your steering digit, make it something that won't interfere with the rest of your dial plan.

Thanks for the help offered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: