cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directly Dialing a Phone's Speakerphone/Intercom

computerstlouis
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client that is requesting to be able to dial directly to the speakerphone (intercom) of another phone. We know that we can configure an intercom button on the phones to do that, but if there are 20 phones in the office, the receptionist would have to have an additional 20 buttons just for that purpose. Is there a key combination that can be pressed before dialing the extension that will do the same thing? Ex: 6101 would automatically go to the voicemail of extension 101.

We currently use CCA and CME. Yep, UC5xx. Phones are SPA509G. I can dial directly to voicemail, but my question is regarding dialing directly to speakerphone/intercom. Does this help clear things up?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to configure additional ephone-dn (these can be single line), configured as intercom, You can assign these as overlay to the main DN.

Note: I have no idea if that is possible with CCA. No issue with CLI.

Can anyone explain how this is done with CLI?

In CCA, setup an extension as a Dialable Intercom on each phone and it will work.

Check "configuring Intercom" chapter in CME administrator guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: