Helpful
Replies

Disable beep when new call comes in

placroix
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

Another Uc500 question...

Currently customer has 3 lines coming in. If they are on 1 line and a second call comes into their extension they get a beep in their ear. Customers are complaining that this is very disruptive and would like the phone to flash or ring once like their old system did... Is their a way to do this??

Here is how they are set up currently.

Each phone has an extension 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc.

3 FXO lines coming in.

All 3 FXO lines point to a blast group that contains all the extensions so that all phones ring 2 times, then the blast group forwards the call to the AA.

Any suggestions are appreciated as usual..

Thanks

paul

2 Replies 2

Ryan Hardy
Level 4
Level 4

The last few versions of CCA can do this.  Here is a Lab on that setting.  Call hold alert starts on page 7.   

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14649

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

CCA at present still does not support turning this feature of, it is hoped it will be out in the next release as it is one at least in the top 3 if not at the top of the list of the most complained about things, both in the real world and in the online community world.

There is one way of going it without breaking CCA, and in theory a SBS rep should be applying this for you so notes are left against that contract number... However you are a Cisco employee so I am gathering you know the mantra anyway

On the specific phone that you want to turn call-waiting beep of, carry out the following CLI command:

ROUTER# conf t

ROUTER# ephone-dn   <XX>

ROUTER# no call-waiting beep

Errr..... Just check that this is still the command though my memory might be failing me and I am at home at the moment and too lazy to fire up my netbook to log onto a system and check

WARNING!!! This may not work, there have been reports that this is not honored when the call is pushed through a blast group first, I cannot validate this as I have not tested the theory, but be mindful of it, if it doesn't work then you have hit the reported problem

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: