cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable call-waiting beep on UC540

Gary Cosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

How do I disable the call-waiting beep that is heard in the handset on the UC540?  I'm using SPA525G phones, if that matters.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the current version of CCA 3.0.1, you cant.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3084793#3084793

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gary,

I only know how to do this via CLI, so I can provide you this, but also hang on to see if someone knows how to do this in CCA.... MEH! I really need to spend some time exploring the inner workings of CCA

Steps:

• Go to the DN you want to apply this too
  • Make sure your on configuration mode
  • Type " no call-waiting beep" or "no call-waiting ring" either one does something different
  • Exit back to prompt and "wr mem" which will save the configuration

Again please wait to see if you get a response from someone who knows CCA better than I do, unless it is urgent and you need to do it now, as there might be a special way to apply this change to make it CCA compliant.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

The Policy announced and posted a few months ago  (http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/products/sbcs.html) took effect 4/4 (this week).   With this policy,  Cisco TAC will not be able to support UC540/UC560 systems that have introduced CLI changes, unless you want to manage it going forward using only CLI and have the proper specialization to do so.

As harmless as the 'no call-waiting beep' CLI seems, how would you feel if you had to recover your system from a saved archive (backup) oneday and the restore didnt work due to it?   Just using that as an example.  When CLI is entered, we cant be sure what will happen with CCA.

Steve,

It is a simple function but yet is not in the most recent installment of CCA, so this asks the question... How can a ruling such as this one be passed when not all things were considered? As small as this command is it is aikin to throwing out the baby with the bath water, and we engineers are obligated to fulfill the clients requests when we clearly know that the changes can be made, if we say otherwise we are deceiving the client and I cannot condone this action (And I am not suggesting that you suggest we do this either).

So really the solution is simple, either fundamental support is provided for such scenarios or you have CCA updated to support such a thing, if it was in previous versions (Which if I am not mistaken it was???) then it makes no sense to have removed it, wouldn't this be taking a backwards step in the evolution of CCA?

I understand and appreciate the point you are putting across, but can I point out it does not help out the person trying to resolve the problem and this at times will leave us out in the cold and possibly on the wrong side of a clients wrath.

I hope you do not mind my response as your response poses and awkward position for many of us

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I totally understand.  I can tell you the policy has taken a long time to get posted and longer to implement because of all these considerations.

I was an advocate for escalating such an easy change via a case to SBSC and let them 'sanction' the easy CLIs that are 'approved', but I guess thats where someone has to first run alot of regression to approve it.  Hearing your voice is good, and I always like it.   Heck, your our customers!

Lets see how this goes.

Steve

Steven, I'd like to echo David's comments above.  I can't really imagine trying to explain to our senior management that their new Cisco IP phone system can't adjust call waiting beeps because its not in the GUI, but the 12 year old Nortel MICS it replaced could.  CCA still needs to evolve somewhat before its ready for this kind of a policy, IMHO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: