Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable DHCP Suggestions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Was looking for suggestions from the wider community on best practices to disable DHCP on the UC-540W so that it can integrate into an existing network, however the following criteria's need to be meet:

• Does not breach SBS guide lines and will still be supported by the SBS team
  • Does not break CCA and cause it to have a hissy fit
  • Does not break OM and prevent it from working (This one is important)

I have seen suggestions of the following nature:

• Put the Data Vlan on an entirley different subnet
  • Exclude the entire subnet in the DHCP exclusion and hope it doesn't collide or clash with the existing DHCP server (SBS Server)
  • Remove it via CLI (But I am certain this will breach SBS guide lines)

It is regrettable that one is left pondering as to how best to integrate Cisco UC's into an pre-existing network, the UC-320W do it quite good from what I can see but the UC500's still lack that ability.

Hopefully I can get some workable suggestions and I can maintain my sanity, if not all is not lost as I might run the PC's through a separate switch and put them on their own ports and not have them run through the phones or the ESW switch.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Evening David

I would go with Option #3

Call the SBSC (STAC) and have them remove the DHCP pool thru CLI

I have tested this and it will not break OM or CCA

If you feel comfortable enough doing it, by the way, it is a supported work around

do the following

no ip dhcp pool data

This is the best workaround until they post CCA 3.XX with the radio button to disable the DATA portion of the UC500

Have a great night

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Evening David

I would go with Option #3

Call the SBSC (STAC) and have them remove the DHCP pool thru CLI

I have tested this and it will not break OM or CCA

If you feel comfortable enough doing it, by the way, it is a supported work around

do the following

no ip dhcp pool data

This is the best workaround until they post CCA 3.XX with the radio button to disable the DATA portion of the UC500

Have a great night

David

Hi Arthur,

Thank you very much for your reply, and yes I am confident to be able to remove this myself using CLI (Can almost do it blind folded) however the concern was if it would break CCA and OM access and also cause me problems with SBS, but since you have allayed this concern and I have it in writing () I can proceed with this deployment knowing the world will not end

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: