cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable volume control on SPA 301?

derekdombrowski
Level 1
Level 1

On the SPA 301 IP Phone, is there a way to disable to volume control button? I'm going to be installing many of these phones in a public setting (Help phones in classrooms)  and want to make the phone as dummy-proof as possible. The concern is that if someone presses the volume button a number of times and lowers the handset volume to almost 0, later users will not be able to hear, and think the phone is dead. I've searched the Cisco documentation and done web searches, with no luck. If there isn't a software setting I can change, the next step is to take the phone apart and physically remove the button!

1 Reply 1

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Derek,

An alternative would be to have the SPA301's peridically resync to a provisioning server with the configured volume settings.  If a user were to change the volume setting on the phone then after the periodic time the volume setting could be restored to the configured value from the provisioning server.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: