Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovering the pvc2300

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

Is there another document that will help me settup the pvc2300. My current doc is smart_setup-guide_survellance, It says that I should be able to plug in and have discovered and given an ip address dhcp. This isn't working for me. I've reset it a couple times. It worked a while ago for me back when I was on 7.1.3. Now I'm at 8.0.0 on a UC540. Any tips on what I can do here?

Thanks

Stephanie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I meant Desktop. Not Access. Sorry. Did you try the factory reset? Could it be the camera went bad?

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Stephanie,

What version of the PVC firmware are you using? Can you see if the camera got an IP from the DHCP server ("show ip dhcp binding")

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

No it is not recieving an ip address, so I'm not really sure how to access it to get it to the latest firmware.

Stephanie

Try changing the smartport role of the switchport to "access". Also, try to factory reset the camera.

My options for Roles are Desktop, IP Phone+Desktop, Switch, Router, Access Point, and none. I tried Access Point, and reset it, still no dhcp bind.

Stephanie

I meant Desktop. Not Access. Sorry. Did you try the factory reset? Could it be the camera went bad?

Nope that did it, I have an ip address now...and I can access the web interface. I thought I had tried that but I think I changed it to the data vlan. Switching it to desktop and keeping it at voice vlan gave me both a voice and data ip address.

Thank you Marcos

Stephanie

Hmm, I do not understand what you mean by "keeping it at voice vlan"?

When you select modify smartport settings you choose the device type and you select the access vlan either voice or default, if I had any others configured I'm sure they would be an option from the drop down menu as well.

Stephanie

So you selected Voice as your access VLAN and that made it work? What IP did the camera grab?

It recieved 10.1.1.17 and 192.168.10.11. I could not access the web interface with the 192 address but I can via the 10.1.1.17. I started to follow the directions of the doc and changed it's IP to 10.1.1.9 static, now I have to use that address to get to the gui, but funny thing is my dhcp bindings are still showing the 2 mentioned addresses not the static configured. I hope I'm doing this right by following this guide. Maybe there is another one I should be following because I did just update it and it seems the directions might be a bit different as they are not exact to my options in the gui. Do you know of a recommended guide to begin configuration? I am shooting for video via the SPA525g, should I just recieve conectivity and begin with that guide.

Thanks for the advice

Stephanie

Never mind, the camera ie is pretty intuitive, and your instructions per par!

Thank You,

That was fun!

Stephanie

Should the smartport setting be phone+Desktop, accessing the voice vlan?

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: