cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display on phone shows *** CCA FLOATING EXTENSION***

wramos
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the story customer has some extensions they want to create mail boxes for. So we created floating extensions. So first name is Business last name is One. ID BusinessOne. enabled voice mail. Next we goto a users phone and define the button to monitor extension 513 which was assigned to Business One.

What gets displayed on the users phone is *** CCA Floating Extension *** the user has a spa508, and there are a total of 5 of these floating extensions, so as you can imagine, each of the buttons display *** CCA Floating Extension *** I magine you have a phone with buttons that look like this

1 John Doe

2 *** CCA Floating Extension ***

3 *** CCA Floating Extension ***

4 *** CCA Floating Extension ***

5 *** CCA Floating Extension ***

6 *** CCA Floating Extension ***

I did call support they saw it, explained that it could be fixed with CLI, while we are partners, we are not CLI competent partners at this moment, and since this is a new install. I thing this is a bug that can be easily fixed in CCA 3.2.X LOL!!

I just want folks to know this is a problem, and it can be worked around, but its embarrassing when you are doing a new install and replacing an old pbx, and run into these issues.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CLI won't bite you.

conf t

ephone-dn xx

label

and reset phone.

true I know it wont, but we need to have this system supported. so cant do anything that will jepordize that.

I was thiking about this again.

If you assing a floating extension to a phone, it is not a floating extension anymore.

So configure it as regular extension and there will be no issue.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi William,

If I am not mistaken this can still be modified within CCA under the label of the floating extension, I remember seeing this when I was some configuration the other week on a system.

What version of CCA are you using and what is the Software pack?

Otherwise Paolo is correct in his statement (Although since you are not a Advanced Partner I cannot Endorse the post even though he is correct) it is fairly simple to adjust this via CLI, however I am not aware of any draw-backs in doing so and how CCA would react to such changes if it does not properly recognize it.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

CCA 321 and 8.6 software pack latest version. and nope CCA doenst let you modify the description! LOL it should!  Like i said i did call support and they were stunned that it did this and you couldnt modify it.

Hmmmm....

Thats not very nice of it

OK well you can do it via CLI, I wouldn't be too fussed about doing it as it is pretty straight forward, however if you are not confident with doing it let me know and we can organize a remote session and I am happy to assist you with it

However before changes are made it would be best to make a backup of the DN's in the event you need to revert back, I am fairly confident that Support wont penalize you for making the CLI changes if it come down to the crunch, as it is the fault of the system that did the design work.

If it isnt a problem right now and is not a pressing issue, than you can wait for the fix and just live with it.

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

If you do change the description, CCA will no longer show the floating extensions as it will not be able to read them from the config so you would have to manage the floating extensions via CLI from that point on.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

You can always use 10.1.10.2/ccme.html (assuming this is default) and make the change under the extensions.  But like if was mentioned above it may not appear in CCA.  I have successfully changed it via the Web GUI and have it showing up in CCA.