Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distinctive Ring on forwarded call

I am looking into setting up Disctinctive Ring on a UC560. The problem is , I need to set it up on a call that is forwarded to a hunt group from a NOA. Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no support for playing a distinctive ring based on the forwarding state of a call.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Lewis,

You might be able to get away with it on a blast group, but not a hunt group as a HG will not show up in the phones ring tone settings, but I do believe a BG does show up, and you would also need to configure each phone independently for the ring tone you want for that particular BG.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi david,

thanks, I am sure I could research the blast group but what is the real difference between the two? thanks again.

Hi Lewis,

No problem happy to explain it to you

Hunt Group = Dials either Longest Idle, Sequential, or Peer < Not sure if this last one is right

Blast Group = Calls every single Extension that you add to the list, all at the same time and pretty much annoys everyone until they answer it

Difference between the two? Well with a Hunt Group you can have a B-ACD connected to it, which means you can place callers into a holding pattern, this is a very useful feature and is pretty much the only way to operate a B-ACD on a Cisco system.

With a Blast Group, well I guess you can call it the lazy mans way of programming the system, it is also my preference because it is easier to manage and build, plus Office Manager 2.0 supports it which means you can let the client choose who they want in it and when, where as I don't think OM supports Hunt Groups (Could be wrong on that).

I hope I have explained it to you properly

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

HI David,

how would I setup disctinctive ring on a blast group?

Hi Lewis,

Now that's a pretty good question

You need to go to the phones individual ringtone settings and then check to see if the Blast Group is in there, if it is in there then you can change the ringtone for calls coming from that blast group, if it isn't then you are out of luck

However I have been advised that in CCA you can also set the distinctive ring in one of the tabs when you choose a button on a particular phone, however this only changes the cadence if I am not mistaken, which means the burst rate of the ringtone changes and can at times be hard to distinguish between the two.

My Alternative was to create two buttons on a the phone, all internal calls go to button 1 and all external calls go to button 2, this allows for two different ring tones per button, but you do have to burn a button and this at times will be an issue if you do not have enough buttons on the phone to burn.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David Trad.

What is B-ACD?