cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone know if UC540 supports Polycom Phones (SIP)

joebrown
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I am investigating how to use the UC540 with Polycom phones such ax VX500. Does anyone have information on whether it is possible?

Thanks

Joe Brown

Noviant                  

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Joe,

I can tell you that we don't support any 3rd party SIP phones on the UC500 series platform. As for whether it is possible to use the Polycom phones with the UC540 I couldn't tell you. I have seen other forum post where users have been able to successfully register 3rd party SIP phones: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3680375

Thanks,

-john

Thanks.

Joe Brown

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

The answer is yes, however it cannot be done via CCA and is purely a command line configuration.

Then there is the obvious question though WHY?

If it is to save costs so you don't have to buy new Cisco Phones, then this will probably cost you more to implement as doing any sort of out-of-band configuration will result in no SBSC support on the system, and a major headache to continue to maintain.

But yes it can be done, and has been done quite a few times, but there is a warning with the Polycom phones... All new firmware updates have the phones preferred operation in G.722 Codec, this may not be fully supported on the UC-500 as of yet, it is what has blind sided a couple of people I know of already

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: