cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the UC540 include or support a web based user portal?

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

One last question because I can't find this for the life of me.  When looking at Avaya IP Office they include a web based portal that is installed on a server or on their server module for the system.  Does the UC540 include that or allow that function at all?  Basically I'm trying to find out if it includes or supports even via add on a user portal where users can log in, see their call history, listen to voice mails, possibly see who is on the phone, and if possible change their call flows from there.  So for example set that they are working from home vs the office.  Is that built in or supported or anything at all?  Thanks so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not all features you described are supported, and not in a single interface.

That is, there is a a Web GUI where each use can log in to do some personal settings, and another one for VoiceMail, eg listen to messages, handle greetings, settings, etc.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not all features you described are supported, and not in a single interface.

That is, there is a a Web GUI where each use can log in to do some personal settings, and another one for VoiceMail, eg listen to messages, handle greetings, settings, etc.

The thing I'm just not clear on is what the UC540 includes, as I'm comparing it to Avaya IP Office which seems easier to understand.  A user portal isn't that big of a requirement but I'm more wondering how it works for teleworkers or mobile twinning as Avaya calls it.

For example, one place says buy the UC540 for $1899.  Just using it as an example, lets say I was to buy that.

Am I able to set it so that:

1) If working remotely, calls ring on my desk and mobile at the same time, like Avaya's mobile twinning?  And if so, is it something users can enable or disable easily, either from their phone, or a web portal etc?

2) If I am on the road, Avaya has the one-x iPhone application, where you launch it, dial a number, it calls into the Avaya PBX, and makes an outbound call showing it's my office calling.  So basically DISA.  I don't need an application for that, but does the UC540 support calling into it and dialing out so it shows the office line calling?

3) Last and most importantly, does it include built in any ability for a softphone so that a user can work from home one day, launch the softphone on their laptop with a USB headset and then make calls and have incoming calls ring there as well?

We use Asterisk, so we can do the above right now but it's not really pretty.  Like option 1 above is possible and easy to do.  Option 2 is so so, it's def not as easy as the one-x app by Avaya.  Instead users have to call our main line, dial a code at the IVR and then get an outbound line that shows their caller ID.  So each user needs that manually set up in the system, it's not a built in feature.  Then option 3 is possible but also not ideal as the soft phone needs its own extension and then ring groups are needed to ring their line to all their extensions etc.

Just comparing the Avaya to Cisco and I'd REALLY prefer the Cisco it's just the Avaya seems to handle the above better which is our main features we want so just trying to determine if the UC540 can do this out of box and if not what I'd need to enable it.   Thanks!

1,2,3: Yes.

Please note, you cannot choose, design and configure a Cisco UC platform without help of a reputable consultant, or UC certified Cisco partner. Try to do yourself will only lead to frustration and loss of time. Said partner can also show an discuss with you a competitive presentation with the other product you mentioned.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Forgot to mention also, which is the portal for users to log in for some personal settings etc?  Is there any way to view call logs?  I've seen the administration one, where it's at http://10.1.10.1/Web but that seems to just set greeting and voicemail settings.  Is there any way a user can log in and view their call history?

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paolo,

I actually found it not that difficult, so far everything is working, just having issues as mentioned with ACD which I can live without but otherwise all my extensions work, inbound outbound etc.  Having used Asterisk for years I found the Cisco not very complicated.  I'm sure for advanced configs that can't be done in the CCA it's a whole different story but for what I need I have it all going.

The one question I had was setting up DISA.  I found this guide here and was just wondering if this is still the correct way to do it as it's from 2008.  Looks pretty in depth so wanted to make sure before checking it out.  Just wondering as well as it doesn't mention caller ID, is there a way to set it at all so that lets say I assign a username to a couple of people, it will show a different caller ID when they call out?  So if I call out it shows my DID and if they call out using their username it shows theirs?  Doesn't seem to have that on here.  Thanks!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9795#Does_the_UC500_support_Dial_Inward_System_Access_DISA

I'm not sure about the Cisco DISA, but for a solution that correctly sets calling number and name based on the user logged in, plus more features, you can use my DISA script, that can be acquired the website mentioned in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: