cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does UC520 support Remote SPA525G phones?

Does UC520 support Remote SPA525G phones?

Will the 520 allow the same VPN tunnel as the UC540/560?

Please advise, thank you, Paul

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, the UC520 will support remote SPA525G phones just like UC540/UC560.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, the UC520 will support remote SPA525G phones just like UC540/UC560.

Darren, Thank you!

Does this work without an ASA firewall? Can you connect the SPA525g phone directly to the UC500 via VPN?

If you have any configuration examples I would be most thankful.

Yours,

Bryan

Bryan, no you do not need an ASA.  Once the 525 is set up locally throught the VPN Wizard you just have to have an internet connection at the remote site.  The 525 will boot, get a local IP and search for the UC500 to get it's extension configuration.

Here is a link that explains the process: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9811

Thanks to both of you for the information. We are implementing this on our UC540, via CCA, and UC520, via CLI. Via CCA seems easy enough using this manual. But I'm unsure which anyconnect .pkg to install on the UC520 and how to install this .pkg via CLI. Any suggestions/tips before I start?

Here is steps for any connect

Download AnyConnect package and upload to UC500
1. Download AnyConnect package from Cisco.com.
• Support > Download Software > Products > Security > Virtual Private Networks >
Cisco VPN Clients > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
2.x
• Go for version 2.5.1025: anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.1025-k9.pkg   *this should be lates*
2. Upload AnyConnect package to UC500 from FTP server on PC.
copy ftp: flash:
3. Install AnyConnect package.
config t
webvpn install svc flash:anyconnect-dart-win-2.5.1025-k9.pkg

Brian

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get right on it! (Was this documented anywhere or did you type it from scratch?)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: