cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does UC540 support both english & japanese languages on phones?

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a UC540 with 20 7945g phones, running the latest software (brand new installation). Of these 20 phones, I want 3 to be in the Japanese language. I have stumbled upon an old document on how to do this, but it is out-dated enough to cause me concern in attempting this. For one thing, they don't list the 7945 as being supported, although I did find and download a tar file with the 7945 locale information for Japanese. Apparently I need to do phone-specific config files, but I cannot find anything saying this is support for the UC540 and 7945 running the latest software. Has anyone tried this?

thanks!

tracy

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the latest SWP 8.1.0 on UC540, you can install up to  6 locales (these are the ZIP files you found) using CCA 3.0 Maintenance drawer, SW Upgrade: UC500 utility, which allows the locale update.

I did one today for Italian.

You can have one Active and one alternate language defined at any time, but all the phones use the ACTIVE one configured using Configure Drawer: telephony> System> Region

While we are on a path to support phone specific locales (some english, some spanish, etc...) we dont support this today.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: