cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading My IOS from 8.6 in the UC520

wayne
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded my IOS to 12.4(22)yb8 and my CUE to 8.6.1 .  I have been having little qwerks here and there and was wondering, since IOS 15 is not ready for the UC520 with 8.6, should I downgrade the CUE to 8.1 ? IF that is the case, what is the procedure?

7 Replies 7

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Wayne,

Did you make any significant changes with the current upgrade? If so you could get some issues with any downgrade as the previous versions may not be compatible with the 8.6 feature sets or even CCA compatible.

The process though is as simple as pointing CCA to the Software Pack of your choice (8.2 is recommended for the UC-520 not 8.1) and then letting CCA do the upgrade, it should also back the system up prior to complete the upgrade.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

I am a little leary on using the CCA anymore as that is what caused the issues in the first place. It was suppose to backup the files when we upgraded and then at the end of the install, it gave me an error and said the backup was corrupt or bad. I spoke with cisco TAC last night and they said there didn't seem to be any issues with the version we were using.  The only issue I am trying to work out now is the voicemail, afterhours script. I came in a little late on this client and the guy before me set it up so when the afterhours message came on, the caller had the choice to go in the afterhours mailbox or select 5 to enter an extension.  Can't figure out where to set that back up. I have looked in the CME GUI and it is limited and doesn't give that option.

Hi Wayne,

There is more than one way to fix up the AA for after hours, you can do it via the CME/CUE Web GUI or the preferred method is to use CCA which ensures compliance and in theory should be much simpler to do, but yes I understand your reservations in doing this, but I assure you persistence with using it does pay of, especially when you get used to some of the quirks it has

I am fairly confident that you can achieve what you want, but if it was done using CLI you will most likely have to continue down that path unless you redo it from scratch using CCA and get it exactly how you want it to work with CCA.

If you are local to me I am happy to speak to you over the phone and even do a remote viewing session with you.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

thanks for the response. what location are you in?

I am going to be logging into the router in about an hour remotely. Turns out their confernecing is not working either. I think it is because the sccp statement has ver 3.1 and we are now running ver 7.1 in the CME. I am hoping once I change this, that will be fine. The I will be on to the afterhours deal.

Lewis Wayne LeFrancois

CCNA, CCNA Voice, CWE, CWA, CWEA, Security +

(951) 704-0656

Hi Wayne,

I am in Australia, so there is a time zone difference

If you get stuck please let me know

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

ok, issues resolved so far. I changed the ver on the sccp statement to indicate 7.0 + and the client has confirmed he was able to conference. As far as the AA, I logged in remotely and added parameters in the CUE and that was verified last night that afterhours was picking up and the voicemail was kicking in. Got a email verification this morning that voicemails were going into the afterhours box and seems to be working well.

thanks,

Wayne

Glad to hear it Mate

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Mar 10, 2012 4:41 AM, "wayne@globalpac.com" <