Views
Helpful
Replies

Download location for Smart CallConnector Toolbar or TSP

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

We have just purchased and installed a UC540W. I am a software developer and am keen to try and get some TAPI functions integrated with our in-house CRM, in order to do this it appears that I need either the Smart CallConnector Toolbar or the TSP driver. The only links I can find for these are on the cisco download site and they require a service contract. We have been quoted half as much as we already paid for this. As I understand it (and did research before making a purchase), the Smart Callconnector Toolbar is free of charge so I was expecting to be able to download this or have it come in the box and not expecting to have to pay extra to download a supposedly free of charge application. Is there anywhere I can download this without needing a costly service contract?

Thanks

Chris

9 Replies 9

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paolo,

The only link I can see in that document (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827) links to the file exchange (

https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=UC500). This page doesn't seem to have the callconnector software on it. If I set the for dropdown to callconnector I get an internal server error.

Hope you can help

Chris

Hi Paolo,

I wish I could download from there, it's the obvious place, but, as I said in my original question I don't have a support contract and every single download I could find on there (even the supposedly free ones like this) requires a support contract.

Chris

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Your right this should be a free download. Please call in an open a case with one of our UC engineers, they can help you get the toolbar until this issue gets resolved.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric,

I have just spoken to someone on the uk support line (0800 917 5473) and have been told that while the software is indeed free, I cannot download it without a support contract and there is nothing the support rep can do about it. Seems like an unusual policy and one that will certainly stop us from ever buying cisco kit again! I'd open a ticket electronically but naturally, without a support contract i'm unable to do that!

It seems that cisco really don't care about small businesses that are able to support themselves. It's dissapointing because i've always been led to believe that cisco are the best, I guess we'll just have to make do with the basic features.

Thanks

Chris

Be patient a little. Cisco is a very large company, does mistakes quit frequently, and the level of support received varies from an individual to another. At the end, you will received what you're entitled to. You can also contact your reseller.

You can also find in this forum who is the Call Connector Product Manager, and contact him directly.

If you roll your mouse over my picture it will show you my email. Please sned me an email so that I can contact you directly.

Eric Moyers

Hi Eric,

I have sent you an email. Please accept my apologies for ranting on here. It has just been a little frustrating attempting to find resources for our shiny new voip box! Added to the fact that the support line were rather unhelpful! Thank you for looking into this for me.

Chris

Not a problem, that is what these support forums are for. I (Cisco) would rather see and hear your issues here so that we have another opportunity to assist you.

That way if you dont get what you need through one avenue, hopefully we can catch you here and keep our customers satisfied.

I have the email and will be contacting you shortly.

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: