cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Droid Phones cannot connect to operator when dialing 0

Chris Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have new one for you all!  I have an auto attendant on a UC320W current firmware 2.0.9 (3) and when someone calls in using a Droid phone it does not recognize the tone when a user presses any key.  Iphones, windows phones and landline based phones all work.

What can we do to make certain that Droid Cell users can call our customers?

6 Replies 6

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

There are some tips in the UC320W Troubleshooting Guide regarding issues with AA menu navigation.  Some of the resolutions depend on the type of trunk you have.  For example, for FXO, sometimes increasing the Rx Gain of the FXO port will help resolve the type of issue you are describing.

If that tip or others in the troubleshooting guide don't help you, you might need to open a case with the Small Business Support Center so they can look at your configuration and logs.

Regards,

Jeff

letkris44
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

I am dealing with the exact same issue. In fact, I just got done with an advanced troubleshooting call with the SBSC engineers taking captures. Apparently, Droid phones send a weird, weak DTMF tone, and the UC320 doesn't respond to it. We amped the Rx gain to 9, and still couldn't elicit a response. I also have the same issue with some iPhones from certain towers (this is how crazy it's gotten) and older PBX systems.

You can and should try upping the Rx gain, but I think we have to consider this a known and very troublesome issue. I'd suggest opening another SBSC case with your system and lines, so Cisco can get more data on the issues at hand.

~Kris

Hi Kris & Chris,

I have run some tests on the LAB UC-320W using a HTC Desire HD (Not sure what it would be called in the USA) and that was over a SIP trunk as I don't have a spare analogue line to test it with.

Over the SIP trunk it worked with minimal troubles, there was a couple of times where you have to hold the key down long on the Droid to generate a longer tone, annoying but it did the trick.

Once I can get a analogue line I will test with that, I wouldnt be at all surprised if I run into issues.

Can you give it a try by holding down each key press a little longer than you normally would?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the info David. Unfortunately, I am working only with FXO lines. I figured SIP trunks would work better, but I'm not ready to switch to SIP yet. And I have seen holding the button helping in some instances. But it's not a guarantee, because if you are going through a VoIP hand off, the extra button time may not be reflected. Also, trying to get users to just hold the button down longer isn't going to work; it's makes the system unintuitive. If this system cannot be as reliable as other PBXs in DTMS, it's a killer issue.

~Kris

Chris / Kris / David,

There are some enahcements in the upcoming 2.1 release of the UC320 that has "Increased sensitivity" to DTMF tones. Please stay tuned on the comunity. The upcoming release is in Mid- July.

Thanks Navin (Albert?) 

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *