cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped into another active call

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer who is reporting that when dialing out they sometimes get dropped into another users call (esentially creating a 3-way call).

This is an intermittent issue and so far does not appear to have any particular trigger.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything similar?

We are investigating if this could possibly be an issue with the carrier as well.

5 Replies 5

endaf.jones
Level 1
Level 1

YES!  We have had this happen occasionally with two of our customers.

We can't determine where the problem is yet, we've keept on look at our own POTS equipment to see how it could happen.  We suspected the UC320 was at fault, but couldn't for sure prove it.

Thanks for responding -- glad to know we are not alone!

We worked with the carrier, and they assure us that it has to be an internal problem.

We have POTS lines delivered over a T1 (so the POTS lines are really only like 5 feet long).

They could not find anything wrong on the T1...

At this point I am going to do a firmware upgrade on the UC320... and if that doesn't help I will be pursuing a ticket with Cisco.

Have you had a ticket with them at this point?

Please open a support case if you encounter this issue in the future.  Be sure to submit Services -> Feedback  from UC320W and that will include the system configuration.

Regards,

Randy

Endaf:

Are you on the latest firmware? Our customer is not and we are looking at upgrading and wondering if that will even help.

Also -- have you had a Cisco case for this issue?

Thanks.

I can't remember what firmware our two customers were on when it happend, it's over 2-3 months ago it happend.  They are on the latest firmware right now however.

We didn't open a case as we wern't 100% sure it was a UC320 issue and not with our POTS equipment.  If it happens again, I will open a ticket, but it's a fairly infrequent occurance (we only know of two seperate incidents with our customers).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: