cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF doesn't work for outbound call

kimjin
Level 1
Level 1

We currently using UC520 and having strange problem.  When we call through SIP for outbound call DTMF tone is not transmitting.  and if I press multiple numbers with longer duration, It makes continuous tone on the other hand.

My current dialpeer uses DTMF relay RTP- NTE.  I will attach sh run and debug ccsip message file.  please help me this is being quite critical.

114 Replies 114

kimjin
Level 1
Level 1

I checked Status Message from 7942 phone.  I have 2 errors on the phone

1.  No IPv4 DNS server

2. Error Updating Locale

Would those cause DTMF issue?

I don't think it would though.

No, those would not cause the issue.  The DNS server means only that DNS isn't configured on the phone.  The error updating locale is not big deal either.  It was looking for a file during bootup that it didn't find, dealing with localization.  It isn't uncommon to see this.  Neither would cause the problem.

I have another questioin from 7942 phone.  When I check Network configuration , RTP Control Protocol is disabled.  Is it normal?

I just got off the phone with the ITSP, and they said the packets coming out of the UC are gettign delayed too much. He says the latency is @ 65-67 ms, and they drop them after 42ms.

Having the other phone there that works fine direct to the ITSP would indicate it's not the ISP. Is there something on the UC that would cause this much of a delay in the DTMF RTP stream?

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

The provider we are connected to is running V7.1.3 on the Sonus gateway and we are still experiencing intermittent issues.

It looks like this problem may be fixed. Cisco is having a lot of problems with their websites lately or I  could get into Bugtracker to see more details. But here is the brief. Could be fixed in 15.1(0.25)T

BugID: CSCtd68173
What Changed: Fixed in version
Title: Timestamp not accurate in the DTMF sent by CME
Technology: nav
Version: 15.0(1)XA
Fixed-in: 15.1(0.25)T
Severity: 2
State: More
Bug Details:
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd68173

Once I can get into the siye I will post more details

Thank you Bob,

I will wait until that new version comes out.  Hopely we can use DTMF soon.

does anyone know when this version is comming out.  Same DTMF issue with Nexvortex ITSP

Buler?  Buler?

Hi,

I've check the cisco downloads and there is still no version posted for the UC. As well Bugtracker indicates this is still open so I am not sure if this is a "fix" I have pinged Marcos, but he is out of the office until next week, so I hope another Cisco SE can jump in here and at least set the expectation.

Cheers,

Bob

Cisco is working on a fix for DTMF issues with SIP provider, nexVortex.

We were given an "experimental" beta version to use on a UC540 that had these same DTMF issues.

So far, so good, the DTMF issues work now.  From what we were told is that the new version, 8.?.? will be release mid to late February.

Paul

I also was given a beta version to fix the timestamp issue and it did not work for me  uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.V150_1_XA-CSCtc86342-fix    Yours may be different, but can we test that beta to see if it works before they send it out to the world?

Dave

Dave, the file given was:

uc500-advipservicesk9-mz-CSCtd68173

I was granted limited access to download it.  Our Cisco rep arranged it to get a new system/customer working.

Dave,

I am sending you the beta fix for DMTF.  Check your email.

HI Steven, can you also send me a Beta fix as well?

jkim@hiscocanada.com