cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 R2 Signaling on UC560

elias.ortiz
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody knows if is E1 R2 Signaling Supported on the built-in E1 port of  UC560-T1E1-K9?

Thanks!

Elias.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Elias,

It is the same hardware as the physical add-on card "VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1=" so if that supports it then the inbuilt one will as well

I will finish of my current work and then search for the 100% answer for you if I can obtain it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

Did you tell the UC560 what to do with the card inserted?  CCA does this automatically but if you didn't use CCA for some crazy reason you will have to enter the following command to "activate" the T1/E1 card

UC560(config)#  Card Type E1 (and then slot it's in)

Hi Elias,

I have searched High and Low and the only thing I could find that might be of use is this White Paper, and in particular page 31.

Other than this I am flushed and couldn't find anything else, surprised of the lack of information that can be found even when Google is supposed to be your friend

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

11 Replies 11

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Elias,

It is the same hardware as the physical add-on card "VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1=" so if that supports it then the inbuilt one will as well

I will finish of my current work and then search for the 100% answer for you if I can obtain it

Cheers,

David.

Its not in here?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html

I cant see as I no longer have access to partner central :-(

Welcome Back Steven!

Here is a the same info but this is not located in partner central:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/reference_guide_c07-566560.html

Thanks,

Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks David, I would appreciate that very much!!

Steven, I checked that reference guide and it doesn't mention anything about it.

My doubt comes from the fact that I tried to get into the "config t -> controller e1" global configuration command to start configuring the ds0-group and I couldn't access that command, aparently doesn't recognize it.

Do you think there is a command to enable the E1 controller first? Maybe CCA entered some command to make it ISDN signaling, (since it's the only option CCA provides for signaling) and maybe  I need to revert this command in order for the controller E1 to "appear" on the global config.

Any thoughts?

Did you tell the UC560 what to do with the card inserted?  CCA does this automatically but if you didn't use CCA for some crazy reason you will have to enter the following command to "activate" the T1/E1 card

UC560(config)#  Card Type E1 (and then slot it's in)

Hi Elias,

I have searched High and Low and the only thing I could find that might be of use is this White Paper, and in particular page 31.

Other than this I am flushed and couldn't find anything else, surprised of the lack of information that can be found even when Google is supposed to be your friend

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Thanks Cindy,

I found a reference to R2 support :-)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9772/

Thank you all for your contributions!

Marcus was right, I needed to first tell the UC560 to use the T1E1 port as E1 with 'card type e1 0 3' command. Then the UC560 told me this when I entered the ' ds0-group' config:

%FREDDO_E1T1-3-NET_CLK_PARTICIPATE: Please configure network clock-participate wic 3, to enable the above configuration

I entered 'network-clock-participate wic 3' and then it allowed me to configure de ds0-group and the rest of the r2 signaling parameters for mexico's telmex.

Here is the rest of the config I entered for everybody's reference, I still have to test this config when the telco delivers the E1 trunk, i'll update the post then if there is any changes on this:

controller E1 0/3/0

framing NO-CRC4

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-21 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

cas-custom 0

country telmex

category 2

answer-signal group-b 1

caller-digits 4

dnis-digits min 4 max 4

dnis-complete

Thanks again to everyone!

Elias.

Hello friends!

I am currently configuring a Cisco UC560 with E1 R2 for Mexico Telmex. Following your nice thread I am currently able to make outbound calls, but incoming calls sound appear as busy when dialed from the PSTN or mobile phone. My guess is that either my Inbound dial peer is wrong or there is something wrong with the E1 service.

Does anyone has a working Inbound Dial Peer sample I could compare to my own?

By the way, I contacted the Small Business Support Center regarding this matter, and the supporting engineer told me that everything should be configured from the CCA, because if I don't, the support service is void. Nevertheless, I did not found a way to configure the specific E1 R2 for Mexico's Telmex through CCA, is that true?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind comments! My best regards,

Adrian

Adrian,

I assume you managed to work around the E1/R2/Telmex problem on your UC560. I have configured a couple of these and it's always problematic to get them up & running

Yesterday, one of my UC540 that I installed several months ago and was working fine (with an E1/R2/Telmex), stopped receiving incoming calls but outbound calls are working fine. How did you solve t problem?

Thanks!

Pedro.

Hello Pedro!

Thank you for your follow-up! The problem I was facing was due to the fact that I was not considering that Telmex forwards the last 4 digits. Once I considered it as such it started working. The ugly part in your case is that it was previously working and suddenly it stopped, right? I woudl recommend to check if there has been a modification in your configuration. FYR, following are the relevant parts of my working configuration. Hope it helps!:

Trunk group definition:

trunk group ALL_T1E1

hunt-scheme longest-idle

translation-profile outgoing PROFILE_ALL_T1E1

Translation rule for main number (please replace xxxxxxxxxx with the 10 digits of area code and local number):

voice translation-rule 4

rule 15 /^...$/ /xxxxxxxxxx/

Rule 15, that contains mapping of last 4 digits of main number (3400) to internal extension 400 (which is an operator person) and other DIDs:

voice translation-rule 15

rule 1 /3400/ /400/

rule 2 /3401/ /401/

rule 3 /3402/ /402/

rule 4 /3403/ /403/

rule 5 /3404/ /404/

rule 6 /3405/ /405/

rule 7 /3406/ /406/

rule 8 /3407/ /407/

rule 9 /3408/ /408/

rule 10 /3409/ /409/

!

The configuration of the E1 interface is as follows:

controller E1 0/2/0

framing NO-CRC4

line-termination 75-ohm

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

cas-custom 0

country telmex use-defaults

category 2

answer-signal group-b 1

trunk-group ALL_T1E1

!

The dial-peers for incoming:

dial-peer voice 3000 pots

incoming called-number .%

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0:0

!

dial-peer voice 3010 pots

description Troncal_Telmex

translation-profile incoming Troncal_Telmex_Called_15

shutdown

incoming called-number 340.

port 0/2/0:0

!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: