cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable VPN on 7942 with UC500

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

We recently bought some 7942G phones after seeing this document: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7961g_7961g-ge_7942g_7941g_7941g-ge/8_0/english/administration/guide/62adm80/62614241net.html mention that they could connect over vpn. I'm since finding that this isn't supported on the UC540 box that we have and the phone VPN setup wizard tells me that we don't have any eligible phones. Is there any way through CLI commands to get this enabled? I have the vpn setup on the UC540 but I just can't enable it on the phone. When I go to the vpn settings the enable button is disabled. I'm running 15.1(4)M5 on the UC540, I would upgrade to the latest but there are no longer any software packs listed on the file exchange and I can't download from the download centre.

Thanks

Chris

1 Reply 1

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

So I guess this just isn't possible then? Why would the vpn settings be disabled on the phone, shouldn't it be possible to use any vpn to get into a remote network, thus not relying on support from the UC540? There must be a way to simply enable the vpn menus on the phone right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: