cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors picking up Hunt Group Calls with SPA9000/SPA400

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

Equipment: SPA9000, SPA400, 3 x SPA941, Phone Provider is Shaw Cable, with a telephony modem that has three PSTN lines.

I am currently experiencing an interesting problem.  If I set the SPA9000 system AA to take all calls, this works as expected, outside callers can reach AA and dial extensions perfectly.

If I configure system with a simultaneous Hunt Group (using the wizard), so that an incoming call rings all extensions, upon attempting to pickup call from any phone, internal user will hear a dialtone and the call is not connected. Upon hanging up, system will ring again, and upon picking up the second time, it will connect the call.

All the time the outside caller only hears normal ringing, as if the call had never been connected, until the successful connection on the second attempt.

On other occasions, the internal user will attempt pick up, and hear flapping sound, as if the ring was still happening - then get a dialtone.

On other occasions (more seldomly) the call will connect just fine.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Cisco support, we even reset both SPA9000/SPA400 to factory defaults, but experienced the same result after reconfiguring.

Any ideas? Potential problem with the phone lines? If so, why would the AA config work when AA takes the calls instead of the Hunt Group?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Best Regards,

Luis

5 Replies 5

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Luis,

If I understand you correctly, you have Shaw cable providing VoIP to your business and converting it to analog at the cable modem. Then you are attaching the "pstn" lines to the SPA400 and directing calls to the AA. Once they land on the AA, they ring a simultaneous hunt group. At this point is where the problem begins.

If this is correct, it sounds like an issue with latency. What is the case number you had with the SBSC?

Bill

Thanks Bill, I've been working with Derek Hames on this. Case number is 612862859.

I was about to pull the trigger on an RMA of the SPA400, since Derek noticed all sorts of craziness with the voltage on the SPA400. Please let me know if you think there's hope, or something I could try right away.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Luis

Hi Bill, I'm still hoping for additional assistance here - any further comments/ideas we may be able to throw at that SPA unit?

Regards,

Luis

Luis,

I would like to speak with you about this case. Please send me a good time to call in a private message. I have your number from your case.

Bill

For the rest of the community, Luis was using 800 for his hunt group extension. This happens to be the mailbox manage number (you can see this by going to the SPA400 and selecting the Voice sub tab). The main idea is to keep your extensions in the range of 100 to 600 sometimes 700. Best practice is to leave 800 - 900 alone.

Luis, thank you for your feedback.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: