Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Excessive moh multicast traffic

renato.guimaraes
Beginner
Beginner

So I stumbled upon this while reading traffic on our Sonicwall router and noticed that we're dropping about 50 packets per seconds. Is there any way we can disable multicast moh 239.10.16.16 port 2000 on the telephony-service section without affecting moh?

This is on our UC540.

Thanks

-Renato

16 REPLIES 16

Alexander Maroukian
Rising star
Rising star

Hi Renato,

You can filter multicast on the switches or other devices but you need it for MoH and on ports where the phones are connected. You can use IGMP on the switch to control the multicast flow.

Best regards,

Alexander

Arturo Bianchi
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

You can disable MoH to internal calls on CCA and the network will be quieter . MoH will continue to work with external calls; I do not think you can do much more, at least I seem to remember that the issue has been addressed in other threads.

NB: In the past I tried to see if it was possible to confine the multicast on VLAN Voice, but nobody has responded ...

Arturo.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Revised by Arturo Bianchi via web after lunch :-)

I will still need moh for external calls and internal, I just don't want my sonicwall router seeing those multicast packets.

We have Cisco Esw 520 at each office with 7942s connected at each port.

50 (or even 500, ro 5000) pps is not a problem even for a consumer-grade network device.

I understand, but I would prefer to limit these multicast packets to the voice vlan than to every port on the switch.

Isn't there a way to do this?