cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2010 UM integration - strange issue from local CME phones

robby.hill
Level 1
Level 1

We took the plunge on Exchange 2010 and UM integration.  We have a PRI and have NO problems with speaking commands from calls originating over the PRI.

However - one of my dial peers just will not send the audio from the mic on the phone to the exchange server when calling from inside (using a Cisco phone).  The internal phones can send DTMF succesfully.  But if you tried to record your name greeting or speak a command to UM - no go.  The Cisco phones just cant send audio out that particular dial peer?

What would cause PRI calls to have two-way communications with audio but internal calls to have only one-way (receive audio) but not send audio to a SIP dial peer?  I should say that maybe after 5 attempts - the audio from a Cisco phone does make it through to the UM server - but that is very unreliable for internal calls.

Some of our global settings and dial-peers:

voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
supplementary-service h450.12
h323
  h225 timeout ntf 100
  h225 display-ie ccm-compatible
sip
  no update-callerid

dial-peer voice 2012 voip
destination-pattern 560
b2bua
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.1.25
session transport tcp
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

It could be a difference in dial-peer that is being hit on the calls.

Can you provide..

debug ccsip message

debug voip ccapi inout

show run (remove passwords)

Can you do this for a PRI call, bad IP Phone call, and a good IP Phone call.

VINH DOAN
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

I am also doing a SIP integration with Exchange 2010. Do you have a sample config that I can look at? This will be my first time doing it. Thank you.

Vince Doan

Nexus

my email is:  vince.doan@nexusis.com

What is not apparent from the Microsoft documentation - but something I found out by debuging my SIP calls to my Microsoft UM server - is that the Auto Attendant with Microsoft UM is on a different port number.

Rather then reinvent the wheel, I just edited the target for my original Cisco voicemail attendant to be the Microsoft UM box on the correct port number.  Thatlooks like this:

dial-peer voice 2001 voip
description ** cue auto attendant number **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_CallForwarding
destination-pattern 505
b2bua
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.1.25:5065
session transport tcp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Of course - for my voicemail target I did the same thing:

dial-peer voice 2012 voip
destination-pattern 560
b2bua
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.1.25:5065
session transport tcp
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

These work like a charm.  I created a DID for my UM for employees to check their voicemails remotely.  I just changed my voicemail button setup (under voice in the CME config) to the DID number that is for my number that we setup for checking messages remotely.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: