cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

exotic characters in SPA525G/G2

Hi,

I'm having some issues with displaying "exotic" characters in the phone display of the SPA525G2. For the SPA50x- and SPA9xx-series I set the charset http-header to "ISO-8859-1". Characters above unicode 0x7F are escaped to their unicode equivalent (this is OK according to documentation). This works well on the aforementioned series but not on the SPA525G/G2 (7.4.6). I have tested different settings; setting the charset-header to "UTF-8", not escape the chars above 0x7F and so on, but I can't seem to get it to work. It's not a display-issue since when I enter the characters in the web GUI they are showed OK in the phone display.

Any hints or pointers? Thanks!

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Re: exotic characters in SPA525G/G2

Dear Gustav;

Sorry for the delay answering. I have escalated your issue. Stay tuned.

Regards
Alberto

Beginner

Hi Alberto, any news on this? We've run into a related issue where the phone totally locks up if the first character in a field is an "exotic" character, compared to when it just does a bad interpretation if the character is present later in the setting value, example:

Åsa Svensson

...locks up the phone, whereas

Svensson Åsa

just shows a "defect" version of that setting. I'm thinking this might be due to the charencoding affecting the "xml"-syntax and the clause isn't closed properly?

I would really appreciate a solution to this since names with these characters are very common in Sweden.

Cisco Employee

Hi Gustav,

I've sent you a private message so you can contact me via email. This will allow me to replicate the issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Patrick

----------