Views
Helpful
Replies

Expanding wireless coverage in UC300W

hcaceresm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can use the Linksys RE1000 Wireless-N Range Extender/Brige with UC320W for increase the coverage ??

regards

3 Replies 3

group9optus
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot answer this straight but we have used WAP321 the new AP and it works nicely...

Hi Hamsel,

You might take a look at this thread for network requirements:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2146789?tstart=0

Chris

isiconsultants
Level 1
Level 1

Yep, it works fine, UC320W and Linksys RE1000 Range Extendor works fine!; I have a customer with UC320; their box is in the basement area, there is concrete and wood floors that degrade the wireless signal so I tried an off brand, which was supposed to be commercial grade, didn't work! 

As soon as I used the Cisco Linksys RE1000, it was off and running in less than 10minutes, too bad Cisco let go of Linksys.

The main component that required wireless access was a SmartTV by Vizio; it showed weak/poor signal but after I setup the RE1000 it paired with the UC320W without a problem and the SmartTV now shows strong signal all bars lite up.

I have Cisco support on the UC320W and they said as long as you use a WAP, Range Extender that works in the 2.4 frequency yo ushould be good.

-Hector

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: