cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Expanding wireless coverage in UC300W

Hi,

I can use the Linksys RE1000 Wireless-N Range Extender/Brige with UC320W for increase the coverage ??

regards

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

Cannot answer this straight but we have used WAP321 the new AP and it works nicely...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Hamsel,

You might take a look at this thread for network requirements:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2146789?tstart=0

Chris

Beginner

Re: Expanding wireless coverage in UC300W

Yep, it works fine, UC320W and Linksys RE1000 Range Extendor works fine!; I have a customer with UC320; their box is in the basement area, there is concrete and wood floors that degrade the wireless signal so I tried an off brand, which was supposed to be commercial grade, didn't work! 

As soon as I used the Cisco Linksys RE1000, it was off and running in less than 10minutes, too bad Cisco let go of Linksys.

The main component that required wireless access was a SmartTV by Vizio; it showed weak/poor signal but after I setup the RE1000 it paired with the UC320W without a problem and the SmartTV now shows strong signal all bars lite up.

I have Cisco support on the UC320W and they said as long as you use a WAP, Range Extender that works in the 2.4 frequency yo ushould be good.

-Hector