Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension as a speed dial?

I have a client that I am replacing an aging system with a UC560 setup.  On their old system, they had extensions setup as speed dials.  Extensions 002 to 099 where all setup as speed dials to external numbers.  They are wanting something similar to this on the UC560 system.  Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

System Speed Dials can be dialed with Abbreviated Dial softkey.

This feature allows you to entering an assigned index code (1-99) on the phone keypad.

Up to 55 supported from CCA, additional 44 from phone TUI.

These assignements will also assign themselves to otherwise unused buttons on the phone (but clearly not all of them)

Abbreviated dialing SoftKey is used to dial these numbers or the button on the phone as these will occupy unassigned phone buttons after phone reset.

In CCA:

Configure> Telephony> Users and Extensions> Users and Phones: Speed Dial tab

On Phone TUI:

CME Services> My Phone Apps> Speed Dial Buttons

Usage:

Press index (1-99), then AbbrDial Softkey.  Note, if no Speed Dial entries exist, the phone will try to dial from local directory stored numbers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

System Speed Dials can be dialed with Abbreviated Dial softkey.

This feature allows you to entering an assigned index code (1-99) on the phone keypad.

Up to 55 supported from CCA, additional 44 from phone TUI.

These assignements will also assign themselves to otherwise unused buttons on the phone (but clearly not all of them)

Abbreviated dialing SoftKey is used to dial these numbers or the button on the phone as these will occupy unassigned phone buttons after phone reset.

In CCA:

Configure> Telephony> Users and Extensions> Users and Phones: Speed Dial tab

On Phone TUI:

CME Services> My Phone Apps> Speed Dial Buttons

Usage:

Press index (1-99), then AbbrDial Softkey.  Note, if no Speed Dial entries exist, the phone will try to dial from local directory stored numbers.

OK.  Sounds good.  Is there a way to keep the unused buttons from getting the speed dials?  Also, is there a way to setup the TUI speed dials on each phone with the same numbers without having to go to each phone?

No way to prevent them from taking buttons that I have found.

55 is the limit with CCA that goes to all phones.

Good points

Thomas,

I have set up extensions as "speed dials" by using the CME web interface:  http://x.x.x.x/ccme.html.  In there you can set up the extension number and put the phone number in the "Call Forward All" field at the bottom of the extension edit dialog.  Also, fill out the Extension Name.