cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension that can drop a call

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way I can configure some type of extension on the UC where I can dial and it can automatically drop my call?

I'm asking because we have a door phone that does not want to hang up for some reason.  It will hunt few different numbers and no matter what I try, it will hang on to the call until someone presses the call button again to hang it up.  My plan is to have this extension as the last hunt number so after trying different extensions, it'll call this extension and just hang up.

Thanks!

J

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can create a Unity/Unity Connection Call Handler that has no greeting and a post-greeting action of Hang Up.

looks like while searching for some answers, I ended up in the wrong section and posted my question here.  My device is a UC520 and it runs CME with CUE.  Thanks.

Hi J,

I guess what you could try is creating a floating extensions (If using CCA) or a dummy DN if using CLI, and set a call timer of 3 on it and no forwarders to any destination, the user then would hear a busy tone once the cycle is completed.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

hi David.  Will this drop the call or will it be busy until it's manually dropped from either end?  I am hoping I can set something up to auto drop the call.

Thanks,

J

Hi J,

It will free up the line at your end, but on the customer end they will continue to hear a busy tone... Well this is what should happen, but sometimes carriers have some funky configurations on their systems which may prevent this, things like exchanged based timers, but in general it should work.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

You can make an auto attendant without a no-option transfer and have the calls transferred to that extension.  The auto attendant will drop the call after repeating itself.  In your case you might need to record a really short and silent audio clip, like half a second to make it appear seamless.

Marcus,

That's exactly what I implemented lastnight and it worked great.  I created an AA and used the built-in after hours prompt and it hangs up nicely after saying "We are currently closed.  Please call back later".

Thanks Marcus and David for help.

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: