cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External call forwarding

mazarian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I am setting up the UC320W and I need to be able to forward our calls using our phone provider's call forwarding.  Before the UC320, we would dial *72 and the phone number that we wanted all our calls forwarded to.  When I try to do it on the UC320, it won't allow me to do it.  We have 4 POTS lines connected to the system and no SIP trunks.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Replies 7

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Dialing PSTN feature codes is currently not supported on the UC320W.

I would suggest connecting a splitter on the pstn phone line with one connection to the UC320W and connect the other  to an analog phone.    Use the analog phone to dial the *72 as needed to forward calls.

Regards,

Randy

Hi Michael,

What firmware version are you running?  How exactly are you trying to dial the *72?  Are you using a Shared FXO line or PBX style dialing (9 *72.... )  The FXO dial plan allows you to dial a 2 digit star code.  Once connected then you will be able to dial the rest of the address.  If you are trying to set up a speed dial to *72 xxx xxx xxxx  it won't work.

Chris

Ran across this post, and I have the same issue as original poster. Has someone verified if *72 call forward will work with the UC320W or not? I am looking at doing this to call forward to a cell phone and have the forwarded c all display the originating caller-id.  My customer has 8 FXO lines with a SBCS Gateway .

Thaks!

Hi James,

Are you configured for Shared FXO or PBX style dialing with 9 + address?  If you are using shared FXO and go offhook FIRST, then dial *72 it should work.  If you are dialing with PBX style, go offhook, dial 9 and get secondary dialtone, then dail *72.

Chris

Thank you Chris for the reply.  We will be using PBX dialing with dialing 9 to get an outside line.  Do you happen to know or can you verify if this will call forward the originating caller-id to the forwarded phone?

Hi James,

All this is doing is allowing you to send the star (*72) code to your FXO provider.  The call forwarding is handled by the FXO provider and follows the behavior outlined by the provider. 

Chris

Great, thanks Chris, just wanted the verifiaction, thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: