cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax over SIP Trunk

raquiros
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup a fax to work over a SIP Trunk I have with a Service Provider in Costa Rica... so far I think it is not possible to make it work with T.37 or Fax to Email because DSP limitations....

Is it possible to create a single "relay to send it directly to a Fax Machine connected to the FXS port instead of processing it and sending it as an email?

Will Software Pack 8.6 have the Fax to Email capabilities for SIP Trunks?

What options do I have? My customer doesn't want analog lines (FXO).

Thanks in advance,,

-RQ

Rafael Quiros iSynerG
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raquiros,

It is possible to send a fax from a SIP trunk to an FXS port, in CCA you need to work on the call flow topology and point the incoming SIP-DID to the FXS station ID number, but to do this you will need to change the FXS port from a common area phone to a user phone (Not this takes up a license from your license pool).

Now this will work at least 80% of the time, please be aware that this is not a full proof situation, but it is useful to get people out of a jam when SIP based fax-2-e-mail is not working, even though in theory it should.

Good Luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raquiros,

It is possible to send a fax from a SIP trunk to an FXS port, in CCA you need to work on the call flow topology and point the incoming SIP-DID to the FXS station ID number, but to do this you will need to change the FXS port from a common area phone to a user phone (Not this takes up a license from your license pool).

Now this will work at least 80% of the time, please be aware that this is not a full proof situation, but it is useful to get people out of a jam when SIP based fax-2-e-mail is not working, even though in theory it should.

Good Luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you very much David, I will give it a try...

BTW... Any thoughts on SW-Pack 8.6 to address the Fax-2-Email Issue over SIP Trunks?

Thanks...

Rafael Quiros iSynerG

Hi There,

No idea about SWP-8.6 they have had some minor setbacks recently which

delayed the release, so there is always a chance that some stuff may nit

have made it.

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Jun 2, 2012 3:59 PM, "raquiros" <

Greetings!

I would like to know if there are any updates on the way Fax-2-Email over SIP Trunk works on version 8.6.0?

Thanks in advance!

Rafael Quiros
iSynerG

Rafael Quiros iSynerG

Me too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: