cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax to E-mail in UC 500

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring the fax to e-mail in the UC 500.  I am following Marcos Hernandes note to configure faxing on the UC 500 (uc500 onramp.pdf )https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9718

and I copied the app_faxdetect.2.1.2.2.tcl file to the flash. (pg 13)

when I try the following commands I get an error

Config t

application

service fax_detect flash:app_fax_detect.2.1.2.2.tcl

%invalid input detected at Flash:.....

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Jibs

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

It looks correct to me.  Here is the output from mine.  I don't even have the file on flash.

UC520(config-app)#service fax_detect ?
  WORD  URL of the Application

UC520(config-app)#service fax_detect flash:app_fax_detect.2.1.2.2.tcl
UC520(config-app-param)#

I am running flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2.

I am running the same version and I get the error at flash.

You will get this behaviour if the fax_detect service is already defined.  The system thinks you are trying to change the file in flash that the service points to and will not let you do that without first removing the service completely.  Try just entering:

application

service fax_detect

without specifying flash:filename. That should work.

Cheers,

Dave.

I have finally configured the faxing as per the document and I am trying to use the service fax  detect, however the when I fax in the AA answers the call.  I have enavled service fax detect on the dial-peer voice ports.  Any thoughts why this is happening?

One thing not sufficiently clear in this application note, is the fact that when using fax detect, the front end should not be the CUE AA that you configure via CCA. Try to configure your call routing to skip that. More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fax/configuration/guide/vf_cfg_fx_detect_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

A new revision of this document will be posted in the future, and we will add these considerations.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: