Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax to Email in UC500

craig.letheren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Regarding Fax to Email configured with CCA, can anybody tell me what happens to the email with the TIFF attachment if the UC500 is unable to send the mail for any reason? Does it retry later? Is the fax saved in your voicemail to send to a physical fax machine via the TUI?

I'm looking for CCA related answers only please as we're trying to avoid CLI for support reasons.

Thank you very much in advance.

Craig

5 Replies 5

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

When configured with CCA, all fax mail is setup to be first  forwarded to a voice mailbox and stored.   If the voice mailbox is setup  for email notficiations with attachments, the UC500 will send an email  with the fax as a TIFF attachcment.  There is no retry, and there is no  delivery failure notification. But the fax mail will remain stored in  the voice mailbox until deleted.  And yes, it may be sent to local fax  machine for printing via the TUI.

Hope that helps.

Laura

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Craig,

Given that it is stored in a Mailbox, I would encourage you to use IMAP for this, much more reliable then SMTP as Laura has pointed out which has not ability to retry or send notification failures

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Good point! Can this be configured in CCA?

Hi,

I think I have found the answer I need from the manual. It looks like this is possible by configuring Unified Messaging.

Thank you to both of you for replying and for your assistance.

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, as you found, you can setup IMAP with CCA.  You may also want to refer to this tech note:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9688

Laura