cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature Request - Internet Music Option

Nicholas Balog
Level 1
Level 1

I've been fielding a bunch of questions regarding the UC320 over the past few days and this one keeps cropping up.

Is there any plan to support pulling a URL in for music on hold? There are the two options of line in and internal, but I have had three people who are interested about the UC ask about this.

Considering its an internet device, I dont think the request is too far fetched and pretty logical......the main reason is you dont need the additional hardware feeding into the inputs.

I've solved this request for my customers by just simply getting a cheap android pad and using tune-in to pump music through the 3.5mm jacks of existing speaker systems, but the idea has some merit.

Thoughts / feelings?

7 Replies 7

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Nicholas,

There are plans to introduce upload of MP3 file to the UC320 for the next release however they have not been committed yet. We did look at the internet stream option however is there a standard protcol for that? Does any one else do it? Does any Internet site offer it? Do you have any examples?

Navin

The MP3 file upload would be nice, or you can use one of the un

used USB ports to put MP3 files on and have it just play from the device.....that way you can change out music for holidays and intersperse ads on the player in MP3 format as well.

The internet radio most likely is a little more complicated.......was thinking something embedded like a shoutcast player or tune-in for stations.......thinking along the lines of either tune-in or winamp for my android here. I dont know what would go into reading the streams and grabbing one to process for internal music, but I'm guessing its just a url grab at some point. Makes sense since its already connected to the internet.

I dont think there is anyone else doing this, but it would be a nice selling point and add to the 'green' aspect by eliminating an external device.

Oh that's a great idea Nicholas, about just inserting a USB memory stick and having it play from that.  Would be soooo cool if that feature were to be added....   Maybe have a couple folders that were read:

mp3/moh for music on hold files to be used

mp3/aa for quality autoattendant files..

That is an exciting idea...   Or just uploading, either one =)

Bump.

Any update on this from CISCO on either an Internet streaming option or playing music via a memory stick?

Hi,

Internet streaming of music on hold is a low priority feature at this time.  We are however, in Beta of the ability to upload custom Music on Hold and Auto Attendant prompt files via the cloud.  The current music on hold file is limited to 1 minute in duration.

Chris

How do we (as users / administrators) participate in Beta's such as the one listed able?

Thanks

Dean T Rose

Dallas, TX

Hi Dean,

We post Beta and release information on this Cisco Small Business Support community.  You can find information on this specific beta here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3448970#3448970

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: