Views
Helpful
Replies

Flashing Mute-Button at SPA941 with Swith SG200-26P

LorentzTobias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i bought a new SG200-26P for replacing an unmanaged Netgear switch. Since that, one of my phones, the SPA941, is flashing the mute button very often. Phoning is possible, but it is annoying. I switched green ethernet for this port of and putted the speed down to 10 Mbit/s.

I have a SPA900 with a SPA8800.

Has anyone a solution to that problem?

Kind Regards,

Tobi

4 Replies 4

floriangroessl
Level 1
Level 1

hi

did you solve the problem?

i have the same problem.

thank you

regards

Florian

Hi Florian,

i tried several setting at the switch, but i haven't found a solution.

I do not use this kind of phone directly at the switch anymore. The cisco phone spa922 works without any problems with the switch. If you put any other switch between, then the phone does not flash anymore. But that is no real workaround.

Hope that someone from cisco replays to this thread.

Kind Regards,

Tobi

Exomorphing
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be a problem with the link auto-negotiation...  I had to force my port to 10/full and the blinking went away. You may need to set it to 100/full... but 10/full worked for me.

--Greg

I agree it's definitely a negotiation issue.

We had Dell powerconnect 10/100 switches with about 12 SPA941 phones... no problems.

When we upgraded to Cisco SG-100-24 gigabit switches, we got "flashing mute" issues, even though the phones were somewhat working and the flashing mute only affected 50% of the phones.   We have a couple newer Cisco SPA-303 phones which seem to connect fine at 10/100, but I think the SPA941 is only 10mb. 

When we tried another switch or going back to the 10/100 powerconnect, everything works fine. 

Unfortunately, we're using unmanaged gigabit switches so we can't force 10/full negotiation. 

Any other ideas that would allow us to use the new gigabit switches with the SPA941's?

I've seen several mentions of these types of problems so hopefully Cisco responds.  Or maybe their thought is that everyone will just buy new phones?