cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Freezing Phone / Stuck BLF

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer who has had a phone (the main answering position) that freezes regularily and has odd BLF issues.

I made a post about the BLF issue in another thread about other people with the same problem: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3583440

The phone itself is freezing a few times a week and has been doing so for months.

We have replaced the phone, moved it to a different switch port, and finally moved it to a switchport on the UC320 itself and used a power brick.

We have also factory reset the UC320 and completely rebuilt the config from scratch.

None of this seems to have had any effect.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

For cisco employees: SR#620736749 and SR#620963893 as well as RMA#84304713 (replacement phone)

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

An update on this:

We have RMA'ed the UC320. The new one had new problems -- FXO port issues (this was with a fresh config). A factory reset and bare minimum config did not fix. Loading a backup from the old system did (but we wanted to avoid this so we did not move the problem -- unfortunately it is the only thing that worked).

The phone has froze again on the new UC320.

Has anyone else experienced freezing phones? Any solutions?

Daniel,

I had opened an internal defect # CSCty86297 related to BLF not updating properly.

The resolution was included in UC320W firmware version 2.2.3(5) and a number of customer SR's were closed related to BLF after loading the firmware.

Please install version 2.2.3(5) if possible (available here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22559).

If you already have firmware 2.2.3(5) loaded and are still encountering BLF issues please reach out to me so I can obtain required diagnostic information to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Randy

rbordner@cisco.com

Thanks Randall -- but to be honest, the real issue is the freezing phone. I think a lot of the reason BLF has been stuck is because it's frozen...

I will take a look at the new firmware though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: