cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fx0 line display

shuotari2
Level 1
Level 1

When phone calls come into our uc320w, they display as fx0, even though I have labelled them as Line1, Line2, Line3, Line4.

Is there a way to tell the system to display what line is ringing in?  The purpose would be so that I can see how full my phone lines are

Scott

4 Replies 4

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Your display for incoming FXO calls won't show your labels but it should show the incoming Caller ID.  So if that is not happening we need to debug that issue.  There are some tips on debugging CallerID issues in the UC320W Troubleshooting Guide.  If that doesn't help, you might try upgrading to the maintenance release candidate or open a case with the Small Business Support Center.

If you want to see what lines are in use at a phone, another option is to configure shared FXO lines (which should show your configured labels next to the button the shared line is configured on).

Regards,

Jeff

blaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The lines should be displaying as FXO1, FXO2, FXO3, and FXO4 if you have no caller ID. This should satisfy your purpose to see how fully utilize are your lines.

Regards,

Bassanio

I currently have a PMF request in for this exact functionality.  "They" are unsure as to whether or not it will be created or not; check back on the PMF page frequently.  In the interim, I have created cards for the phones (kind of sad to have such a modern phone system and still have to resort to laminated cards for information for my end users):

fx(01)=phone line 1

fx(02)=phone line 2....etc.

FXO =  Foreign eXchange Office, but agree that it is not a term end user can assoicate with. The PMF request make sense.