cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS not working after upgrade to 2.2.2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We have had 2 customers whose FXS ports do not get dial tone after the upgrade to 2.2.2.

We do have a STAC case open, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue.

At this point TAC is recommending we load a special firmware image to do FXS/O port testing, and RMA the system if it comes back as bad.

TAC claims to have not seen any other cases like this -- though it seems extremely unlikely that we had 2 FXS ports "fail" at the same time, during the same firmware upgrade -- a software bug seems a lot more likely.

For Cisco Employees: SR # 621650873

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

I'll try your suggestion.

I also made an error in replying to this thread as I upgraded to 2.3.2 (6)

Tested the other ports but similar results. I logged an support call a week ago for this issue but it seems to be taking an eternity to get any technical feedback apparently the support engineer is "waiting on the developers to tell me what path to take next" - not sure what will come first the long awaited cordless handset which would negate the need to use the FXS port or some path forward to fix the issue.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for the delay. I have reached the support engineer and he will RMA the box for you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Wendy

Wow Wendy nice work! I wasn't expecting such a quick response (12:40AM here)

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

Well both units have been RMA'ed, replaced them an uploaded saved Config and the FXS port works perfect...

So there it is not a Config issue more like firmware issue...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: