cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS on UC320 can only make outbound calls, all other uses fail!

chrisguertin
Level 1
Level 1

I've hit a wall with the FXS port on the UC320W.  (mixed mode, current firmware, one FXO and one FXS in use, 2 SPA phones)

I connected an existing internal line to the FXS port with several old phones (also tested with one phone direct of course) and I can get almost nothing to work.  The FXS port is assigned an extention and a user.  If I call it from a digital phone it goes directly to voicemail, never ringing.  It's a member of a simultaneous hunt group, but never rings when that group is called.  I can route external calls to the hunt group and it never rings.  I can call into the auto-attendant from the outside world (FXO) and dial the FXS's extension and it won't ring.  I can pick up any phone on the FXS port and dial 9, then a phone number and it will get out on the FXO port (only one FXO is connected).

What am I missing here?  I can't get the darn FXS port to do anything useful!  I'm assuming I've done something wrong since I am creating a very simple config without which this UC320 box would be pretty useless.

HELP! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

We have a known bug (CSCtu21627) that the engineering team is working on a fix.  Please open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support center and reference this bug.  There is a proceedure documented in the bug that the engineer can use to rebuild a configuration file on your system to get you working without a factory reset.

Cisco Small Business Support Center Contacts

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

You are not the only one.

See:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112783?tstart=0

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2111853?tstart=30

If you read the first thread, the fix for me was to factory reset and reconfigure from scratch.

Hi,

We have a known bug (CSCtu21627) that the engineering team is working on a fix.  Please open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support center and reference this bug.  There is a proceedure documented in the bug that the engineer can use to rebuild a configuration file on your system to get you working without a factory reset.

Cisco Small Business Support Center Contacts

Thanks,

Chris

I opened the call as you suggested, they logged in remotely and corrected the issue.  The FXS port is working as advertised now.

Is this bug "common" in the wild, or did I just get lucky? 

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: