cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS - Viking Door Intercom

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer with an outdoor viking door intercom connected to the FXS port of the UC320.

It has been intermittently working -- works one day, then not the next.

They report that when the button is pushed they get a red light and silence (versus the usual ringing).

I have yet to go on site and troubleshoot (long drive), but will be doing so tomorrow.

I wanted to check and see if anyone has had similar problems or any experience with this setup.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Daniel,

Cisco has not claimed support for any Door Phones so far since we have not tested it. Howeve if the door phone follows local standard then it should theretically work with the UC320. Are you configuring it as a hot phone? If you have not done so, please do that.

I would recommend that you open simulatneously cases with both Viking and Cisco SBSC. SBSC is going to need logs and audio catpures to analyze why this failure is occuring.

Thanks for getting back to me Navin.

The intercom has been working well for awhile actually -- besides intermittently failing, I can highly recommend it for the uc320! (lol)

I did open a ticket with STAC today and they took a look at it. The only guess they had was that it could be voltage issues (the problem wasn't occuring at just that moment).

I've replaced the intercom box itself... hopefully that does the trick.

For anyone who is curious, this is the device: http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=102

It hooks right up to the FXS port and can be programmed to dial an extension (a blast group in our case).

There another Viking box that you can pair with this (don't have the part number handy) so that the people who recieve the call and press a button to unlock an electric door strike (we have this at this particular customer site -- it works very well).

paul0000102
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the CyberData range of VoIP intercoms for Door Entry, with registration to Cisco Call manager, as far as I am aware Cisco have certified the product. Infact they also feature embedded Cisco features such as Cisco SRST.

I purchased mine from here http://www.ientrysystems.co.uk

Very easy to set up, cat5e to a POE switch. End User had a HP POE switch on site to utilize.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: