cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GDM without blast group?

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Is there any way to create a GDM (General Delivery Mailbox) in CCA that several users could have access to without ever ringing the phones?

I have an auto attendant, and if no options are picked it goes to leave a GDM voicemail, but I want multiple phones to have access to it. The only way i can see it can be done is to create a blast group with 3 seconds delay (minimum possible), but that means every time someone leaves a voicemail all phones will ring for 3 seconds.

I need those phones to have access to GDM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Roman,

If you create this group add voicemail for it as end and do not forward calls to this group then no phones will ring. Just enable the direct transfer to the GDM voicemail intead to the group e.g.  calls should directly go to 6512 where 6 is the prefix for blind transfer to voicemail and 512 is the Group for which GDM is used for.

To enable direct voice mail transfer in CCA please go to Configure-> Users/Extensions->Voicemail. There select "Enable Direct transfer to Voicemail" and choose a prefix. By default it is 6.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any phone can access any GDM.

All you have to do, is to login in CUE as GDM member.

Then, if the issue is MWI on GDM members, that's another story.

Hello Roman,

If you create this group add voicemail for it as end and do not forward calls to this group then no phones will ring. Just enable the direct transfer to the GDM voicemail intead to the group e.g.  calls should directly go to 6512 where 6 is the prefix for blind transfer to voicemail and 512 is the Group for which GDM is used for.

To enable direct voice mail transfer in CCA please go to Configure-> Users/Extensions->Voicemail. There select "Enable Direct transfer to Voicemail" and choose a prefix. By default it is 6.

HTH,

Alex

That's great, I should have thought of that, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: