cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General VMBX - UC560

steven1066
Level 4
Level 4

I need to have a voice mailbox for the following scenario, but I just cannot figure out how to set one up:

At night calls go to the ClosedHours prompt where they are told that the company is closed and to leave a message (during the day I have a tree of options).

So how can I setup the AA part for Closed to time-out and go to the Company's main mailbox (or General VMBX)?

Or is my option to have them press say 0 to leave a message for the company?

As in, "to leave a message press 0".  If they do this (press 0), how do I setup a company mailbox and then route it to it?

What about notification that a message is in that mailbox, how is this done if the mailbox is not associated with anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

3 Replies 3

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

Steven,

there will be people with far more experience than me to add to this, but a couple of quick questions:

1) do you want the 'out of hours' mailbox to be accessible to an admin person, or to everyone?

2) are you doing things via AA closed, and there's a reason not to just CFA all options to a generic mailbox?

Andy

Andy,

1) The 'Out-of-Hours' mailbox will need to be accessible to at least one-person, the receptionist, but maybe others will need to check it in their absence.

2) I am using AA closed as callers are still allowed to dial any extension or access the directory.  Again if there is no way to do a CFW on No Entry to the mailbox, we can change it to something like having them press 0 to leave a message.

Currently the prompt says: Thank you for calling , our offices are currently closed, if you know your parties extension you may enter it at anytime, for the directory press 9, otherwise you can leave a message and it will be returned during the next business day.

I am thinking this can be changed to: Thank you for calling , our offices are currently closed, if you know your parties extension you may enter it at anytime, for the directory press 9, or you can leave a message in our General mailbox by pressing 0.

Thanks for your input on this.

Steven

you could just add option 0 to menu, forward it to 6xxxx (whatever extension number your general mailbox is; 6 is, i think the default prefix for "send this call to voicemail rather than the extension"). Also I'd suggest you set the "caller hasn't chosen an option" to the same number.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: