cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General VMBX - UC560

steven1066
Level 4
Level 4

I need to have a voice mailbox for the following scenario, but I just cannot figure out how to set one up:

At night calls go to the ClosedHours prompt where they are told that the company is closed and to leave a message (during the day I have a tree of options).

So how can I setup the AA part for Closed to time-out and go to the Company's main mailbox (or General VMBX)?

Or is my option to have them press say 0 to leave a message for the company?

As in, "to leave a message press 0".  If they do this (press 0), how do I setup a company mailbox and then route it to it?

What about notification that a message is in that mailbox, how is this done if the mailbox is not associated with anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

3 Replies 3

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

Steven,

there will be people with far more experience than me to add to this, but a couple of quick questions:

1) do you want the 'out of hours' mailbox to be accessible to an admin person, or to everyone?

2) are you doing things via AA closed, and there's a reason not to just CFA all options to a generic mailbox?

Andy

Andy,

1) The 'Out-of-Hours' mailbox will need to be accessible to at least one-person, the receptionist, but maybe others will need to check it in their absence.

2) I am using AA closed as callers are still allowed to dial any extension or access the directory.  Again if there is no way to do a CFW on No Entry to the mailbox, we can change it to something like having them press 0 to leave a message.

Currently the prompt says: Thank you for calling , our offices are currently closed, if you know your parties extension you may enter it at anytime, for the directory press 9, otherwise you can leave a message and it will be returned during the next business day.

I am thinking this can be changed to: Thank you for calling , our offices are currently closed, if you know your parties extension you may enter it at anytime, for the directory press 9, or you can leave a message in our General mailbox by pressing 0.

Thanks for your input on this.

Steven

you could just add option 0 to menu, forward it to 6xxxx (whatever extension number your general mailbox is; 6 is, i think the default prefix for "send this call to voicemail rather than the extension"). Also I'd suggest you set the "caller hasn't chosen an option" to the same number.

Andy