Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Configuring A Line

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UC320W already in place and working.  The customer has purchased some additional numbers from the SIP provider and would like calls to come in to the UC320W and be redirected out to an external number.  This I can do, however I would like the number to have voicemail too.  The only way I can see how to do this is to set up a user, direct the number to the user, assign the user a phone with no call waiting and put the phone on redirect.                  

Can anyone sugest a way of doing it without buying a phone?  I know I can just redirect the number to an outside line but the critical point is I want it to go to answering machine if he is busy.

1 Reply 1

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tony,

You can route the incoming SIP trunk call to either an external number or a voicemail box which can be a user's voicemail box who doesn't have a physical phone. I don't think you could get the call go to an outside line but go to voicemail when he is busy since this user doesn't have a physical phone and the system doesn't know if he is busy or not.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Wendy