Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP: Few UC560 Questions

andrew.vint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a new UC560, but i have a few questions that i am having difficulty finding answers to on the net so i thought i would ask the question here.

If there is any HOWTO guides out there that answer any of these questions please point me in their direction.

1) I want to create a brand new Directory that i can then import about 200 numbers from a CSV file. It would also be good if this directory is referenced by the CallerID to show the friendly name instead of the number on inbound calls.

2) The AutoAttendant in CCA 3.0.1 only seems to allow 3 submenus. Is there anyway to increase this number ?

3) When outbound calls are made on our SIP trunks you can not enter digits, for example when calling your bank it asks for a six digit pin. This is not recognised. Is this a setting in the phone system or do i contact the SIP provider ?

Thanks in advance for any help given

Andrew Vint

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Andrew,

Is it possible to do this on the UC system ?

This is not possible anymore, although I notice now with the latest version of CCA it asks you during the telephony wizard setup stage if you have a csv file for this and you can do a bulk import of a corporate directory, but after the installation I have not been able to find this in the general configuration options.

You can do it via CLI and I do not believe that it will cause problems with CCA, it hasn't so far for me anyway, I can quickly draft up a template for you and you only need to fill it out and then paste it into the CLIE (I can also give instructions on this).

Also you can only do 100 not 200 and it looks like the following:

1                 (NOTE: Maximum 15 characters including spaces)

2                 (NOTE: Make sure you put the leading 0 or 9 before the number as well)

This goes under the telephony-services configuration, this also works as abbreviated dialing as well, not just for incoming calls.

Let us know if you need any further iformation on this.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Andrew,

1. I do not believe there is a way to create and import a new directory from a CSV file.  I am not positive, and if anyone knows of a way to do this, please correct me and let us know.

2. The Auto Attendant is limited to 3 submenus, and there is not a way to increase that number at this time.

3.  Sounds like the DTMF singles are not being sent, recieved, or in the correct format..  We would need more information on this one to help out.  You could speak with you SIP provider and see if they are recieving the DTMF signals that we should be sending.  Otherwise, you may need to run some debugs and post those along with your configuration to see what is happening.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the quick response .... I will contact my SIP provider and check with them before i do the debugs around the DTMF tones.

However, please let me query some more on item #1

In other Cisco Phone systems, i believe, you can create an XML file containing phone numbers and descriptions then through the CUE you can specify the URL in the services so that it then appears when the directory button is pressed. This file should also hopefully show the Name rather than the number on inbound calls.

If so please explain in an Idiots fashion.

Thanks

Andrew,

I have never seen a way to do this in CUE on a UC500.  If there is a way to do this, I am not aware.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Andrew,

This is not possible anymore, although I notice now with the latest version of CCA it asks you during the telephony wizard setup stage if you have a csv file for this and you can do a bulk import of a corporate directory, but after the installation I have not been able to find this in the general configuration options.

You can do it via CLI and I do not believe that it will cause problems with CCA, it hasn't so far for me anyway, I can quickly draft up a template for you and you only need to fill it out and then paste it into the CLIE (I can also give instructions on this).

Also you can only do 100 not 200 and it looks like the following:

1                 (NOTE: Maximum 15 characters including spaces)

2                 (NOTE: Make sure you put the leading 0 or 9 before the number as well)

This goes under the telephony-services configuration, this also works as abbreviated dialing as well, not just for incoming calls.

Let us know if you need any further iformation on this.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

If you could provide this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Please see attached file

Let me know if you need more information

NOTE: If you see any errors come up on the screen please let me know, also please not forget to had the leading steering digit I.E your outside line access number and then the full FNN.

Cheers,

David.

Brilliant :)

Thanks for the quick response .... just one question before i start if thats OK

Is this uploading the numbers into teh Local Speeddial or is it an additional Directory entry (as seen by the directory button on the handsets).

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Actually good questions

I don't know the answer to that one particularly because I have never bothered to look

This will do the following that I am aware of and only us it for

• Incoming numbers that present CID will show up as names after about 2 rings and sometimes instantly
  • Corporate Directory Speed Dial also Abbreviated Dialing, for example say you want to call person number 5 on the list, on your phone you would press 5 and then the AbbrDial soft key and then the system dials that number, this is a corporate directory meaning everyone can do this on their phones, it is not a personal speed dial list

Does this make sense to you? I hope I have not lead you a stray

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: